recent

Titulo

Lupita Nyong'o Gave Us Everything and More on the Cover of Essence


Lupita Nyong'o made an incredible mark on her first ever ESSENCE cover. The Kenyan beauty glows in gold on the first issue of the iconic magazine in 2016.


Nyong'o will appear in Star Wars: The Force Awakens which will premiere on December 18. She's currently starring in Eclipsed  which will move Broadway early next year.
[J.J. Abrams and Lupita Nyong’o Give Details on Her 'The Force Awakens' Character]

The Oscar-winner remains humble when recounting her rise to fame. "When I dreamed of being an actor, I didn't dream of the praise that would come with it," she says. "I didn't dream of the awards. I dreamed of inhabiting different characters. That was the dream."

[Danai Gurira and Lupita Nyong'o Will Head to Broadway with 'Eclipsed']

But the superstardom that has come from her quick rise hasn't been easy for her.  "After 12 Years a Slave and the quote-unquote meteoric rise, I felt like there was a moment where I was suffering from whiplash," she explains. "I had talked so much about who I was that I'd forgotten who I was."
Powered by Blogger.