recent

Titulo

Kelly Rowland's 4 Best Dresses of the Year so Far

 photo KellyDresses_zps540c8f8e.jpg
Since the days of Destiny, we've been waiting for Kelly Rowland to get her due. This year, Kelly's been everywhere, and it seems she's finally burst out of her shell. This year we've seen a new confidence in Ms. Kelly that tells us she's a woman who's found her own.

In a recent interview, Kelly Rowland discussed how she came to embrace herself.

You know what? I had great women in my life to help me overcome that. I remember I went through a period where I didn't embrace my 'chocolatiness.' I don't know if that's a word, but I didn't embrace my chocolate lifestyle. Just being a chocolate, lovely brown-skin girl and being proud of that.

"I remember Tina Knowles, Bey's mom and I, I remember being out in the sun and I was trying to shield myself from the sun and she said, 'Are you crazy?' She said 'You are absolutely gorgeous,' and she just told me how beautiful I was and how rare chocolate is and how gorgeous the skin is, all of this stuff. And I was just like 'Yeah!' Like a light went off. So between her and my mother and then me sitting out in the sun a little more, just to be a little more chocolate. You just embrace it. You embrace everything that you are as a woman, even your flaws too."

We certainly wouldn't describe Kelly's deep skin-tone as a flaw, but it's lovely to see a woman walking in her fullness. That confidence has spilled over onto the red carpet. Take a look at her best dresses of the year so far.

 photo Kelly-Rowland-Oscars_zps669060bb.jpg
At this year's Oscar's Kelly flashed some leg in a black and white Donna Karan Atelier gown. The sculptural bodice and wrapped skirt offered something we don't usually see on the red carpet.

 photo Kelly-Rowland-Grammy-After-Party_zps2ec74975.jpg
Kelly made a bold statement in this tangerine Roberto Cavalli gown at the Republic Records After Grammy party. 

 photo Kelly-Rowland-Grammys-Dress_zpsf972269d.jpg
Kelly skirted by the updated Grammy dress code with this super sexy Georges Chakra gown. Sheer geomtric panels and a mermaid cut showed off her every curve.

 photo Kelly-Rowland-RTR_zps35c09f6b.jpg
Kelly Rowland glittered in this floor length sequin gown at BET's Rip The Runway. Her chunky bangles and bold, red lip made the look pop.

Which gown is your favorite?

Kimberly Foster is the Founder and Editor of COLOURES. Email or Tweet her.
Powered by Blogger.